Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

July 23-25 Châtillon, France


General information

When

July 23rd - July 25th 0900 - 1800 CEST

Where

Orange Gardens


44 avenue de la République

Châtillon (South Paris)

Public transport info

On site parking requires pre-approval

Upon Arrival

A person will be available for your registration on-site. You need to be pre-registered.

Event registration can be found at this link: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/calendar/cntt-f2f-meeting/

The person will then guide you towards the meeting room: 3B Building on the 2nd floor. Follow the signs.

All sessions will be in the main room : November (ex Giant100) (unless otherwise specified) - Other breakout rooms: December and February

Remote Attendees

Please join the meeting on the zoom bridge: https://zoom.us/j/999652583

You will be muted on join. If you join by telephone use *6 to unmute. Joining by computer audio select the unmute option.

Remote presenters should use a headset when presenting as the built-in speaker/microphone on your laptop have horrible acoustics and are really hard to understand after going through the conference room PA system


Overview


This three day face-to-face will be a working session to bring the CNTT work announced at ONS North America to the broader technical community. It is meant to be a collaborative technical working session with the aim of progressing Release 1 of the CNTT Reference Model and Reference Architecture. Please come prepared to roll up your sleeves and dive into hands-on work. Attendees should register to make sure we have capacity correct for all the resources.

In preparation for the meeting, please see the following GitHub repositories for the current working drafts. Please note that these are working drafts. Please also hold off on submitting Pull Requests on these documents until we've all had a chance to level-set and discuss at this F2F meeting.

UPDATED: The CNTT working draft links below have been updated to represent the working draft version to be used during the meeting. Please review the updated drafts before the meeting.

Current CNTT Reference Model Working Draft: https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/

Rendered (i.e. formatted, more readable) version of the current CNTT Reference Model Working Draft: https://cntt-n.github.io/CNTT/

Working Draft Process Information: https://cntt-n.github.io/CNTT/logistics/#approval_process


Each of the sessions are assigned an etherpad that can be used by all attendees to take notes and collaborate on next steps. Link to the master Etherpad with links to the complete session set: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/CNTT_F2F_Meeting_Notes_July2019


Agendas


Agenda Day 1 -  


notes

Day 1

Slides

Recordings

(09:00)

15 min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Welcome Message

Orange

Housekeeping

Orange

Conference Bridge, WiFi, Breaks and Lunch, Room Access  


welcome.mp4 poor audio quality

(09:15)

10 min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Agenda Review

Jonathan Beltran, AT&T

Brief overview of agenda and how organized

agenda.mp4

poor audio quality

(09:25)

35 min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Opening Remarks

David Hutton, GSMA, Heather Kirksey, Linux Foundation

Opening round table remarks to outline long-term expectations, perspectives


open_remarks.mp4

poor audio quality



Current Status And Vision



(10:00)

30 min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Overview & Level Setting

Mark Cottrell, AT&T, Rabi Abdel, Vodafone

Review and expand on global framework one pager, provide insight into longer term vision working with GSMA and LF, provide guidance on future release scope backlog.

overview.mp4

Poor audio quality

(10:30)

30 min

Tue


Break



(11:00)

30 min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Community Technology Update

Facilitator: Rabi Abdel, Vodafone

Reference Model vs Reference Architecture vs Reference Implementation. MVP Concept.

Comm_tech.mp4

Poor audio quality

(11:30)

30 min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Panel Discussion: Reference Model: Overall Concepts

Facilitator: Beth Cohen, Verizon

ETSI NFV ISG - Presented by Jorg Aelken, Ericsson

Pankaj Goyal, AT&T

Rabi Abdel, Vodafone

Mehmet Toy, Verizon

Community Input

Related concepts, i.e. ETSI. How does a Reference Model help achieve the community's objectives?, Agreeing on the CNTT concept. Feedback on CNTT concept. 

panel_concepts.mp4

First part of recording has bad audio

(12:00)

30 Min

Tue

Chap1 notes

Reference Model Chapter 1 Introduction (R1) – Status Review, Q&A

Chapter Description: Overview, problem statement, scope, bogo-meter, & roadmap

Intro: Jonathan Beltran, AT&T

Facilitators: Beth Cohen, Verizon

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community

(12:30)

60 min

Tue


Lunch



(13:30)

30 Min

Tue

Chap2 notes

Reference Model Chapter 2 VNF Requirements and Analysis (R1) – Status Review, Q&A 

Chapter Description: Analysis of requirements & NFVi profiles

Facilitator: Tom Kivlin, Vodafone Group

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community




day1_chap2.mp4

Recording truncated - equipment failure


(14:00)

60 Min

Tue

Chap3 notes

Reference Model Chapter 3 Infrastructure Abstraction – Status Review, Q&A 

Chapter Description: Model, exposed vs. internal, exposed & internal NFVi capabilities, metrics, & constraints

Facilitators: Sabine Demel, DT; Mark Shostak, AT&T

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community

 

(15:00)

15 min

Tue


Break



(15:15)

30 Min

Tue

Chap4 notes

Reference Model Chapter 4 Catalog (R1) – Status Review, Q&A

Chapter Description: Compute flavors, instance types, naming conventions

Facilitator: Tom Kivlin, Vodafone Group

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community

(15:45)

30 Min

Tue

Chap5 notes

Reference Model Chapter 5 Reference NFVI SW Profiles and Configurations (R1) – Status Review, Q&A 

Chapter Description: Basic, Network, & Compute NFVi reference software profiles configuration, & security

Facilitator: Karine Sevilla, Orange

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community

(16:15)

30 Min

Tue

Chap6 notes

Reference Model Chapter 6 Reference NFVI HW Profiles and Configurations (R1) – Status Review, Q&A

Chapter Description: Compute, Network, Storage, & Security configurations

Facilitator: Pankaj Goyal, AT&T

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community

(16:45)

30 Min

Tue

Chap7 notes

Reference Model Chapter 7 APIs and Interfaces (R1 – NFVI APIs) – Status Review, Q&A

Chapter Description: NFVi APIs, supporting service APIs, acceleration interfaces & APIs, tool functionalities needed

Facilitator: Pankaj Goyal, AT&T, Mark Shostak, AT&T

Review: Synopsis + Purpose + Goals + Maturity Status + Gaps + Feedback from Community

(17:30) 

30 Min

Tue

Day 1 notes

Day 1 –  Wrap Up

Facilitator: Jonathan Beltran, AT&T

Accomplishments

What did we get done?

What did we gain alignment/agreement on?

What did we hear and do we need to adjust?

What do we need to collaborate further on?

Next steps





Agenda Day 2 -  


notes

Day 2

Slides

Recordings



Technology (Reference Model)



(09:00)

15 Mins

Wed


Opening – Recap and Day Ahead

Facilitator: Jonathan Beltran, AT&T


(09:15)

90 Mins

Wed

Backlog

Day 2 notes


Security notes


Operations notes

Reference Model: Release 2 Scope

Facilitator: Walter Kozlowski, Telstra, Rabi Abdel, Vodafone, Mark Shostak, AT&T

Reference Model Updates:

Refine 1-7 based on ‘maturity level’ (Incl. backlog from Day 1)

Finalize 8-11 Scope

Meaningful targets – how to manage from R1, what is backlog from R3, R4?

Detailed Release Timeline – Feedback / Doability / Issues / Concerns / Gaps

(10:45)

15 min

Tue


Break



(11:00)

90 Mins

Wed

Day 2 notes

Technology WG overview

Facilitator: Rabi Abdel, Vodafone

Document Structure, Current Contributions framework, How to get involved

(12:30)

60 Mins

Wed


Lunch



(13:30)

30 Mins

Wed

Chap8 notes

Chapter 8 (R1) – NFVI Security

Facilitator: Beth Cohen, Verizon

This section needs to be expanded in Release 2.  How much is this specific to NFVI?  How much can we base this on existing security standards and best practices?  Which standards apply?


security.mp4


(14:00)

60 Mins

Wed

Chap9 notes

Chapter 9 (R1) - Reference Model Development

Facilitator: Mark Shostak, AT&T

Infra OA&M

OAM.mp4


(15:00)

15 min

Wed


Break



(15:15)

30 Mins

Wed

Chap7 notes

Chapter 7 (R1) – Reference Model Development

Facilitator: Mark Shostak, AT&T

API Interfaces

(15:45)

45 Mins

Wed

Chap3 notes

Chapter 3 (R1) - Reference Model Development

Facilitator: Sabine Demel, DT; Mark Shostak, AT&T

(Description TBD)

(16:30)

30 Mins

Wed

Chap5 notes

Chapter 5 (R1) - Reference Model Development

Facilitator: Karine Sevilla, Orange 

(Description TBD)


(17:00)

30 Mins

Wed

Chap6 notes

Chapter 6 (R1) - Reference Model Development

Facilitator: Pankaj Goyal, AT&T

(Description TBD)


(17:30)

30 Mins

Wed

Chap1 notes

Chap2 notes

Chap4 notes

Chapter 1, 2, 4 (R1) – Reference Model Development

Facilitator: Beth Cohen, Verizon, Tom Kivlin, Vodafone Group

A guided discussion of what needs to be in the introduction (Chapter 1), based on the content of the other chapters.  Chapters 2 and 4 are both well along in the development of the content, the objective in this discussion is to validate the approach that the initial team created.  Does this match with the  understanding of the requirements by the vendor community?  Are there missing pieces that need to be added? 


(18:00)

15 Mins

Wed

Day 2 notes

Day 2 –  Wrap Up

Facilitator: Jonathan Beltran, AT&T





Agenda Day 3 -  


notes

Day 3

SlidesRecordings

(09:00)

15 Mins

Thu


Opening – Recap and Day Ahead

Facilitator: Jonathan Beltran, AT&T




Technology (Reference Architecture)



(09:15)

90 Mins

Thu

Straw proposal

Panel Discussion: Reference Architecture: Principles

Facilitator: Walter Kozlowski, Telstra

Panel: Karine Sevilla, Pankaj Goyal, Rabi Abdel

How to Engage and Create

Role of Reverence Model and Reference Architectures 

Reference Architectures Principles



(10:45)

15 min

Tue


Break



(11:00)

90 Mins

Thu

Straw proposal

Reference Architecture #1: Straw-man Proposal

Facilitator: Rabi Abdel, Vodafone; Mark Shostak, AT&T

Create ToC for Reference Architecture R1

Setting meaningful targets, backlog

Detailed Release Timeline – Feedback / Doability / Issues / Concerns / Gap

Including adoption of OVP VNF Certification and NFVi verification 

(align this with other open source bodies also)

How to cooperate on and create when we leave here.

(12:30)

60 Mins

Thu


Lunch





Support and Sponsorship



(13:30)

60 Mins

Thu

OVP CVC

Enhancements to Test projects / OVP & CVC ecosystem

Facilitators: Rabi Abdel, Vodafone, Heather Kirksey, Linux Foundation

Vision: 

Describe current OVP/CVC vision and relation to CNTT, impact on OPNFV, ONAP, etc.

Understanding the ecosystem (who, what, where, how?):

Existing Test project / OVP ecosystem. CI/CD processes and procedures, security, etc. What in-flight projects are impacted? Which does CNTT feed? Which feed CNTT? Which are obsoleted? Where are there opportunities for improvement? What else does CNTT need to consider?

Realization:

What are the real steps in the journey? How do we reveal the reference platform profiles and architectures into OPNFV code? How do we go from model to arch to implementation to various project code updation? How could/should it work from a practical perspective?

What will help us facilitate release management?

OPNFV Project Plan:

What shall be our approach? What are the key components? 

(14:30)

60 Mins

Thu

OVP CVC

Reference Implementation / OVP & CVC ecosystem

Facilitator: Jim Baker - Linux Foundation, Bin Hu - AT&T, Fu Qiao - China Mobile 

OVP Infrastructure:

What enables smooth transitions? Where and how do reference models, architectures, implementations get hosted? How to make seamless translations between GSMA OPNFV addressable works? Demarcations with other bodies? 

Potential topic list:

  1. OPNFV plans (leveraging CVC, TAC and OPNFV TSC) to ingest CNTT deliverables in terms of reference architecture implementations from CNTT, enhancements to certification entrance / exit criteria from CNTT and/or test case contributions from CNTT as it relates to NFVI VNF certification.
  2. OPNFV request of CNTT to support, aid, contribute, etc. to #1 above

‘Project Management’:

What needs to be aligned to ensure all workloads come up and all work (so that VNF certification testing can begin?); Tasks? Deliverables? Processes? Release Timetables

(15:30)

15 min

Tue


Break





Where Do We Go From Here



(15:45)

90 Mins

Thu

Next Steps

Panel Discussion: Adoption Strategy / Membership

Facilitator: Mark Cottrell, AT&T, Rabi Abdel, Vodafone, David Hutton, GSMA, Heather Kirksey, Linux Foundation, Jeff Collins, Ericsson, Jonne Soininen, Nokia

Establish metric targets as part of value propositions:

VNF Operational efficiency & Innovation acceleration, Cut amount of internal testing to be done by SPs, Accelerate Time To Market, Improve Quality, Reduce Costs, Reduce Barriers To Entry

Examples:

Reduction in testing and integration costs, Reduction in certification time, Reduction in defects, Reduction in operational costs…

What is overall message: 

“This is a GSMA OPNFV jointly supported activity...”, Adoption of Ref Model and Architectures (as part of RFQ process), Collaborative Marketing

Leveraging Media Relationships: 

Telecom TV. SM alliances. SDX Central articles. Talking to analysts. Meetup Groups.


(17:15)

45 Mins

Thu

Next Steps

Closing Session & Next Steps

Facilitator: Jonathan Beltran, AT&T

Accomplishments:

What did we get done? What did we gain alignment/agreement on? What did we sign-off on?

What still needs work?

Follow ups:

What do we need follow up on? Who are they assigned to?

Next steps:

What are our next steps? With OPNFV / OVP / CVC? With GSMA? With Task Force? With other stakeholders?

Calendar and Schedule:

Review and confirm remote meetings. Review and confirm face-to-face meetings

Session Review:

Give everyone an opportunity to speak into all the topics of the day: What went well? What didn’t go so well? What should we change?

Closing Round Table Remarks: David Hutton, GSMA, Heather Kirksey, Linux Foundation






Contacts

Agenda contacts

Mark Cottrell (mark.cottrell@att.com)

Jonathan Beltran (jonathan.beltran@att.com). 

Rabi Abdel (abdel.rabi@vodafone.com)

Jim Baker (jbaker@linuxfoundation.org)

Site Contacts

Vincent Danno (vincent.danno@orange.com)

Karine Sevilla (karine.sevilla@orange.com

A/V Contacts

Benoit Philoppot (bphilippot.ext@orange.comTel : +33 01 57 39 77 77


Background Materials


Additional Info

Templates


ToDo List

  • Travel safely!
  • Engage in active listening/note taking



















  • No labels