Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)

TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below 
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate in the table with @name for @name

MemberRepresenting
MemberRepresenting
MemberRepresenting
ODL X

@David Sauvageau

Bell Canada
OPX (sandbox)
OPNFVXTech Mahindra
Orange

@Anil Guntupalli

Verizon

Ed Warnicke proxy Ray Kinsella

FD.io
Türk Telekom
@Anil KapurJuniper
@Eyal FelstaineAmdocs
Nokia
AT&T
Cisco
TF (incubation)
ONAP

IBM


Samsung
ZTE
Huawei
Intel
Ericsson
China Mobile
Red Hat
Vodafone
Deutsche Telekom
China Telecom






TBDVMware

LF Staff: Casey Cain Kenny Paul Heather Kirksey Jim Baker Brandon Wick Trishan de Lanerolle

Others: Timo Perala

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Roll Call
  • Action Items Review
  • Agenda Bashing
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

OPNFV Project Health Review

  • Al Morton shared an update on the OPNFV Project Health.
    • Projects continue to grow and adopt new release plan.
    • Jerma release expected in December of 2020.
  • Jason Hunt How many of the TSC members are new vs. re-elected?
    • About 1/3 new TSC members, the other 2/3 are re-elected
  • New resources coming from academia independent of the Intern Program.
  • Ranny Haiby Could do better on company diversity and maintenance of the existing code base. How can TAC help?
    • Metrics for functest are high due to pulling upstream and porting to the framework
  • Catherine Lefevre ONAP gating utilizes OPNFV and this is a part of the code changes
    • Morgan Richomme Functest maintains multiple versions (2-3 years back) adding to the amount of changes
      • Perhaps better communication of the importance of infrastructure gating across many version might help recruit developers
      • Not trivial for maintenance - believes OPNFV is doing a good job, but short term developers to help with specific test code would help.
  • Heather Kirksey Have a great opportunity to escalate the visibility of the work due to the melding of CNTT and OPNFV
  • Brian Freeman  May not have enough training for developers on how to create functest tests. Brian has attempted and it is difficult.
    • Heather Kirksey Developer on-boarding for functest specifically would be useful?
    • Brian Freeman Do we really need to carry all the older versions of tests for OpenStack?
      • Rocky is last supported - 2 years old
  • Morgan Richomme The most difficult part of functest is working with upstream communities when issues are discovered
    • Brian Freeman developer education on how to develop in functest could yield more complete tests

CNTT-OPNFV Merger Update

  • Heather Kirksey shared the slides
  • kickoff meeting tomorrow @ 7am pacific TAC members encouraged to attend https://zoom.us/j/96389672012
  • Assignment of a TAC rep to the transition team?
    • Jason Hunt Open to self-nominations, would prefer a person that participates in one or both of the community
  • Frank Brockners What is the community approval plan?
    • Mike Dolan attending the meeting this week to advise on sequencing of approvals and wording
  • Abhijit Kumbhare What is the timeline?
    • Finish the transition by end of 2020

Inclusive Language Initiative

  • Heather Kirksey talked about the diversity and inclusiveness initiative that has been happening in Open Source.
    • The Kernel community and others have started to look at replacing some currently standard language.
    • @Ray Kinsella - We agree that the language needs to be updated, but we need to have buy in from the broader open source community. We'd like to only fix this once.  This will affect everything down to the source code and we will not want to change it down the road.  We don't want IETF to settle on different language down the road.
    • Please let the TAC know if you want to participate in the effort please reply to the mailing list.

LFN Board Meeting Update

  • The discussion moved to the mailing list due to time. 

OpenDaylight Community Update

  • The discussion moved to the mailing list due to time.

Action items

  • Heather Kirksey upload the OPNFV/CNTT slides to these minutes  
  • Jason Hunt sent email to TAC list regarding self-nomination for a TAC rep on the OPNFV/CNTT transition team.  
  • Heather Kirksey add links to kernal community work and input from @steve Winslow from the LF